I use the modern 24-hour clock, regardless of the language I write in.
What and why?
- First minute of the day starts at 0:00 and the last minute starts at 23:59. (instead of 12am and 11:59pm respectively)
- 24-hour clock is the most commonly used system in the world today.
- It is the international standard for communication of date and time. ISO8601
- It is easier to read. The two step process of 1) reading the number 2) reading am/pm is reduced to the one single step of reading the number.
- 12am → 0:00 and 12pm → 12:00 are particularly confusing.